Career Opportunities at McGarvey PLLC
Associate Attorney for McGarvey PLLC
You are an attorney with experience handling real estate and general business litigation matters. You enjoy working with clients and understand the desire to provide excellent client service and building relationships. You want to do pro bono work and want to be involved in the local bar associations. You are organized and able to work on a deadline but are also flexible and can adjust priorities as needed. You will be a part of team, working with paralegals and other attorneys, as needed. You will be responsible for executing litigation strategy.
We are a growing firm with a commitment to client service and developing legal professionals. Our values are:
- Highest integrity in all dealings.
We like to spend time with our families and value time away from the office. We understand that while work is important, family is more important. We want to do good work and make a difference for our clients – but we also want to have dinner with our families.
Our firm values the relationships with our co-workers. We enjoy eating lunch together or grabbing coffee, on the occasions when we are all in the office. With a partially remote workforce, we value people who are driven, self-disciplined, and can work with minimal supervision. We work to build relationships with our clients and others in the legal community. We want to be recognized as experts in our fields and, as such, we seek out speaking engagements and research opportunities. We also desire to give back to the community and have committed to represent a set number of pro bono clients each year.
This is a full-time associate attorney position. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Review and analyze documents
- Prepare pleadings, discovery, and client communications
- Prepare witnesses and take depositions
- Attend mediation
- Research and write articles for CLEs and law firm website
- Identify personal growth and learning opportunities for yourself
- Assist in training of law clerks and paralegals, as needed
- Position can be partially remote. You are not expected to be in the office every day. Ideally, you would be in the office 2-3 days each week.
- Lower Monthly Billing Expectations. We do quality work but understand that family is important. You will not be billing big law hours
- Health Insurance (includes medical and dental) and Malpractice Insurance
- Unlimited PTO (provided you are completing your work)
- Monthly firm lunches and training
- Texas Bar dues, Houston Bar Association dues, and a section of the Houston Bar Association
Salary Range – $70,000 – $95,000, plus bonuses
How to Apply:
If you are interested in working with us, please send your resume and a writing sample to email@example.com. In the body of the email, please explain why you would be a good fit and want to join the team (no need for a separate cover letter). Also, please tell us your favorite food or type of food.