Founder & Principal
Confident, committed, and authentic counsel. Cassie McGarvey is the founder of McGarvey PLLC. She has over 14 years of experience representing clients in complex title, real estate, and probate litigation matters and real estate transactions.
Cassie works to distill the complex legal issues to ensure the best possible resolution for her clients. She understands that many of these issues are emotionally-charged and works with her clients to make the best business decision.
Cassie represents companies and individuals in a wide variety of commercial disputes. Her current practice is focused on real estate, including title curative work, commercial property, landlord-tenant disputes, development issues, purchase and sale agreements, and breach of contract and business tort actions. Additionally, Cassie assists businesses in creating, implementing, and enforcing technology practices to protect confidential information and establish standards for use and access of company data.
Cassie’s experience with real estate enables her to effectively handle probate and fiduciary litigation. Cassie works to uphold the wishes of those with established estate plans and defends fiduciaries wrongly accused of mishandling estates. Additionally, she helps beneficiaries who have been damaged by mismanagement by fiduciaries.
Cassie is also interested in the intersection of technology and the law. She speaks to various organizations regarding the ethics of technology and preserving confidential information in the digital age. Currently, Cassie is working on issues involving the use of Blockchain and cryptocurrency in real estate transactions.
Outside of the office, Cassie is actively involved with the Houston Bar Association. Cassie is the former chair of the Houston Bar Association Real Estate Section which provides continuing education and networking opportunities to the city’s real estate attorneys. She also serves on the Houston Bar Association’s Law Week Fun Run Committee, which produces the John J. Eikenberg Law Week Fun Run benefiting The Center (and served as a co-chair of this committee from 2016-2018). Cassie is a member of Leadership Houston Class XXXIV.
In her spare time, Cassie enjoys running, biking, and swimming. She has run more than ten marathons, three Iron Man triathlons, and numerous half-marathons, half-Iron Man triathlons, and sprint distance triathlons.
- University of Houston Law Center, Doctor of Law (J.D.) – 2006
- University of St. Thomas (TX), B.A., Political Science – 2003
- State of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas (Litigation, Real Estate, and Technology Sections)
- Houston Bar Association (Litigation and Real Estate Sections) – 2018-2019 Chair of the Real Estate Section
- Houston Bar Association Real Estate Section, Chair 2018-2019; Chair-Elect 2017-2018; Counsel 2016-2017
- Houston Bar Association Law Week Fun Run Committee, Co-Chair 2016-2017, 2017-2018
- Rotary Club of Friendswood
- Houston Bar Association President’s Award, 2017, 2018
- Texas Lawyers Rising Stars 2015-2020
- Houstonia Magazine Top Lawyer – 2016-2020